5/12/12

Shayne Leighton´s AUTHOR INTERVIEW

Hi guys, whatssup!!!!!!

Today im not giong to post a book review, instead im going to be posting an Author interview. Shayne Leighton is an amazing woman; at a very young age she´s a writer/actress/Singer/Model and Wife.

I found this Quote and when I read it it Totally remaind me Of Shayne, she is a woman that Challenges, a woman that knows what she wants in life and goes for it, she is an example to women all around; That with Passion and Motivation we can achive anything we set our minds into.

Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.
~ Margaret Sanger ~


First and foremost I have to say Thank you Shayne for taking the time for this interview I’m quite impressed, you have done so many things in so little time: Actress, Singer, Model, Author and I heard somewhere that you are married too.

Thanks so much for having me! I’m so happy to be here! (Virtually, that is!)

How do you balance all your endeavors?

I try my best to compartmentalize and organize my time – but it never turns out as well as I’d like it to. My priorities are always a little bit mixed up. For instance, I have a deadline to uphold, but I would much rather do this interview! I try and set aside days of the week for specific tasks. For instance, on Mondays I focus on my works in progress with writing, on Tuesdays I focus on acting auditions and gigs and so on and so forth. Too bad I can never stick to the plan!

A little bird told me that your book The Vampire’s Daughter is being made a movie how did that happened? And can you tell us a little about how the production is going?

Yes! We have been in development for the film adaptation for a little under a year, now! We have some fantastic people attached to our cast list such as Michael Welch from the Twilight Saga, Cassie Scerbo and Johnny Pacar from Make It or Break It and more! We have a lot happening on the movie front, but it’s hard for me to release any information right now! I invite people to continue checking the official OLAD website and blog for continued updates and announcements!

When I read your book, I couldn´t help but feel Anne Rice´s Influence, in your writing style, what do you think of her Vampire Chronicles?

I love that the more reviewers the book is getting, the more its being compared to the style of Anne Rice. I began my romance with Vampires when I saw the movie, Interview with the Vampire for the first time! That was my Twilight! I loved it – and ever since, I’ve also been writing about Vampires. I am a huge fan of Ms. Rice, and am totally humbled that anyone would ever be reminded of her fiction by reading mine!

Some authors like to have note pads around so they can write anywhere they are, others lock themselves in an office to write, What was it like to write The Vampire´s Daughter, do you have a writing process?

Unlike a lot of other authors I know, I do not like to outline my story before I write it. I pretty much just begin with my first blank page and let the story take me where it wants to go. I do lock myself away in my “writer’s cave” as I like to call it – being anywhere else totally distracts me. I need to be surrounded by quiet in order to focus.

Lastly I would like to Know, when are we going to see more of this story, is book 2 done, can you share a sneak peek, quote anything?… sorry about that, I got a little carried away; anything else you want to share with us?

Haha! I am very excited to announce that book 2: The Vampire’s Reflection is nearly done! Just putting a few finishing touches on it! I personally can’t wait to release this one. We have a contest happening on our facebook page right now. If we can get the official OLAD page to reach 4,000 fans, I will release the first chapter!!!

Thank you so much for your time Shayne I would like to have a lighting round to close the interview so your fans can get to know a little more about you.

Fav Color
Red, duh! ;)

Fav Song
Total Eclipse of the Heart

Cats or dogs
Definitely dogs…and my cat named Bean!

Burgers or hot dogs
I like a good cheeseburger, myself.

Hot or cold
It depends. I like my romance hot and my days cold.

Hug or kiss
Kiss! So much more intimate and romantic.

Hot chocolate or coffee
I’m a writers and that means we are mostly all addicted to coffee!


Thanks so much for your time; I know we´ll be seeing a lot of you in the future
So guys if you want to stalk her you can do so here

No comments:

Post a Comment